Better interaction between industry and technical institutions is need of an hour. This will have great bearing on the engineering curriculum, exposure of industrial atmosphere to engineering students ans subsequent placement of young graduating engineers in industries across the country. With the approach of globalization and opening up of Indian economy to outside world, competitions among industries have become stiff. To tackle their engineering problems they now look into engineering institutions. Likewise, there is an urgent need to prepare engineering students “Industry Ready” for jobs in multinational companies, by giving holistic exposure to them in latest technologies and engineering methodologies. These goals can only be achieved well by bridging gap between industry and academic institute.
The Industry- Institute Interaction Cell was established in the year 2010 in VDRIT. Over the years, considerable progress has been made and the academic departments have been carrying out various activities envisaged under the similar cell independently and with support from the similar cell, as deemed necessary.
The Institute encourages its faculty, researches, technicians and students to interact with industry in all possible ways with the spirit of deriving mutual benefit. To promote Industry-Institute Interaction the major modes of interaction are listed below:
- Establishment of Industry-Institute Interaction/ Partnership cell
- Organizing workshops, conferences and symposium with joint participation of the faculty and industries.
- Encouraging engineers from industry to visit institution to deliver lectures
- Arranging visits of faculty and students to various industry.
- Professional consultancy by the faculty to industry.
- Industrial testing by faculty and technicians at sites or in laboratory.
- Joint research programmes and field studies by faculty and people from industries.
- Visits of faculty to industry for study and discussions or delivering lectures on subjects of mutual interest.
- Visits of industry executives and practicing engineers to the institute for seeing research work and laboratories, discussions ad delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends and experiences.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the institute and industries to bring the two sides strategically closer.
- B. E. and M. Tech project/ dissertation work in industries under joint guidance of faculty and experts from industry.
- Practicing engineers taking up part-time Ph. D programme.
- Research and Development Laboratories sponsored by industries at the institute.
- Scholarships/ fellowships instituted at the institute for students.
- Practical training of students in industries.