Dr. Sameer M Galgali
Department of Physics
K.L.S’s V.D.R.I.T, HALIYAL-581329
Mr. Sameer. Galgali Graduated from KCP Science college Vijayapur. He completed his Masters degree in the field of PHYSICS from KARNATAKA UNIVERSITY DHARWAD in the year 2000. Currently he has completed Ph.D in the field of Semiconductor Nanostructures. He has teaching experience of 15years. From 2001 to 2004 he worked as HOD of Physics in Gogte College of Science Belgavi.From 2004 to 2015 he served has HOD in the Dept of Physics at VDRIT. Currently he is I-year Coordinator. His research areas of interest are Condensed Mater Physics, laser Spectroscopy and transport properties of dilute magnetic semiconductors. He has attended Several national and International Workshops.
Technical paper presented in International Journal till date in the relevant field:
- “Thermoelectric transport in ZnO and GaN nanowires”- Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids Vol. 83 p. 8–17. (2015)
- “Lattice Thermal conductivity in ZnO nanowires”- AIP Conference proceedings, Vol. 1665, 120017 (2015).
- “Diffusion thermopower in ZnO nanowires”- AIP Conference Proceedings, Vol. 1591, Issue I p 1493-1495. 04-2014.
- “Acoustic phonon-limited mobility in GaN quantum wires: Effect of inelasticity”- Journal of international academic research for multidisciplinary. Impact Factor 1.393, ISSN: 2320-5083, Volume 2, Issue 6, July 2014.
Technical paper presented in International Conference till date in the relevant field:
- A research article on “Lattice Thermal conductivity of InAs nanowires” presented at International conference of Physics of Semiconductor Devices (IWPSD-15) organized by I.I.Sc, Bangaluru during 07-10th December 2015.
- A paper titled “Piezoelectric phonon-limited electron mobility in GaN nanowires” was presented at International Conference on Recent Advances in Material Science- RAMS-2012 organised by Tumkur University in association with Bangaluru and Gulbarga University during 8-10th November 2012, Bengaluru.
Technical paper presented in National Conference till date in the relevant field:
- A paper titled “Lattice thermal conductivity in ZnO nanowires” was presented at DAE-Solid State Physics Symposium during 16-20st Dec-2014 held at Vellore University, Vellore, Tamilnadu.
- A paper titled “Diffusion Thermopower in ZnO nanowires” was presented at DAE-Solid State Physics Symposium during 17-21 st Dec. 2013 held at Thapar University, Patiala.
- “Applications of Nanotechnology”-a workshop organized by B.V.B College of Engineering, Hubli, during June 2010.
- “Current Trends in Laser”- a seminar organized by Karnatak University Dharwad, Dharwad during Feb 2006.
You can contact him on: [email protected]